My Collection

It all started with one pen. That's all I needed. Boy was I wrong! I am still on the prowl for new ones and of course I already have a few picked out that I want! If you missed my earlier post, my first pen was the TWSBI Diamond 580. I was pretty good on pens for a while until my birthday came around. It was at this time that I was gifted my second fountain pen.

The pen was gifted to me by my mother. I was so surprised she had picked a pen for me! Levenger being her favorite brand for roller-balls (she is not into fountain pens as I am) and leather goods, she decided to pick up a fountain pen from their site. It was a midnight blue Levenger Facets complete with a cartridge converter and two cartridges.

After I got to writing with my second pen, I noticed it had a completely different feel. If this pen felt different, I thought, what do other pens feel like? At this point I began to look for more pens that were in a more affordable range. This search led me to a pen that was fairly new to the market at the time: the Pilot Metropolitan.

For a long while, these were my three pens. I would usually keep them all inked up and write with them often. At this point I thought I would be good on pens and I wouldn't have to buy any more ever. Once again I was wrong.

My next pen was the Conklin Duragraph. I remember wanting this pen (from seeing it on sites and reviews) for a while. I was aware that not everyone liked this pen, but it just seemed like one that I wanted. So I picked it up. This pen has the driest nib out of all the pens I own, but in my mind, it just adds character to the pen.

The next two pens I received were also gifts, one from my grandmother and one from my girlfriend. My grandmother got me another Conklin Duragraph (in a different finish) and my girlfriend gifted me a Monteverde Intima.

To complete my collection to date, one more pen must be mentioned. This next pen is definitely a step above the rest of my pens. It is none other than the famous Lamy 2000 in the Makrolon finish. This is my first gold nib pen and it definitely stands out from the others.

I know this doesn't technically count as my collection, but my holy grail pen that I hope to one day own is the Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Oversize. One day I hope to own this pen, but now is not the right time to claim it.
My pen collection in order of when I got them form top to bottom



Another angle 

Comments