Combo Review 2


This combo studies the reactions between a Pilot Metropolitan, Diamine Classic Green, and Rhodia  paper.

This is one of the first green inks I have ever tried and it blew me away. Normally I do not use green ink, but this is a natural feeling, dark green that makes sense to me. My Pilot Metropolitan is an every day writer for me. I always have it inked up with something. This is the pen I grab when I am trying out new inks because I find that it works well with any ink, it is easy to clean, and its a familiar pen to me.

As we can see by the first test, there is not much variation in the medium pilot nib. There was a tiny bit of flex, but I wouldn't push it too far with this pen. The ink performed well during these tests and didn't exhibit problems such as railroading or skipping.

This pen, ink, and paper combination provides a very wet and smooth writing experience. This can be seen by the amount of ink the combination laid down by how far the ink spot smeared. You can see this dark long line here indicating a lot of ink on the page and therefore a wet combination.

I found this to have a typical dry time for Rhodia paper and Diamine ink. It took between 30 seconds and one minute to dry.

You can also see a the different shades of green in the shading tests. The ink, however does not stand up to water very well.

The writing test performed flawlessly and was an enjoyable experience. I would recommend this combination for anything, even semi-professional writing. This green is natural enough to seem in place in any document.

Comments