Importance of Collections

In reference to my post about My Collection, I thought I would post on what a collection looks like and what it means to me. 

For me, a collection doesn’t have to be huge and contain hundreds of items. In fact a collection can be so small as to contain only one item. The number of items is not an important factor, but rather the important factor is what the collection means to you.
This is where collections can get personal. Different collections mean different things to different people. For one person a collection could be important because it is a way they catalog successes. Perhaps it is important to someone because of its ability to cheer them up. This is why a collection can have many items or only have one item, but can still be considered a collection.

My collection serves an important aspect of my life. It provides a way to creatively express my ideas in a personal way. I can choose any pen and match it with any ink to write my ideas and get things out on the page. I can capture all sorts of different moods with my current collection.

The options to express myself will grow with my collection. The more items I have, the more options I have that will more closely allow me to express myself. For example, I may choose a wetter pen such as my Lamy 2000 if I need to write fast and big in order for my ideas to flow out.

The best part of a collection is that the only person it truly matters to is oneself. No one else can tell you that it is unnecessary and a waste if you can identify your own reasons for why it exists in your life. As long as it serves some purpose in your life, even if its pure joy or happiness, your collection matters. So keep it growing and let it inspire you. 

Comments